CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
The role of Finance Business Partners in CarTrawler is to help and enable the business to make better, more informed decisions and identifying commercial opportunities that can add real value to CT.
Your role as part of the FBP team is to provide 'real time' financial analysis and support which will assist the departments you are partnered with to make effective decisions. You will become a trusted advisor to your partners and help them translate commercial problems into financial outputs. For an applicant to be successful in this role it is critical to have the ability to communicate a message in a concise manner, to understand their audience and deliver the information in a transparent user-friendly manner. A finance business partner will have the ability to influence the decisions that the business makes and help maximise shareholder value and return. You will business partner with the Operations departments, for which you will have full P&L ownership.
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
- Act as a trusted advisor to the respective business departments which will include becoming fully up to date with what this department does, their strategic objectives and how your role can fully support them in achieving this; as well as challenging them where appropriate
- Support the departments short and long term operational/strategic business decisions through financial analysis and recommendations to allow informed decision making.
- Responsible for pro-actively identifying commercial opportunities in your departments and executing on them to realise value for CarTrawler
- Reviewing financial deal models for the renewal of existing partnerships and making recommendations to senior management based on them
- Perform unprompted investigations into variances in performance and distil the analysis into succinct, actionable recommendations for your partners or the finance leadership team
- Alongside Operations, create and distribute the weekly trading performance report. This involves inputting the company level trading narrative so that the leadership in CarTrawler are aware of the key performance drivers, areas of focus and trading highlights
- Own the entire P&L (including the OPEX cost base) for the respective business department
- Engage with Budget owners across Cartrawler to understand the cost base of their respective department and challenge budget holders to ensure a scalable cost base; proactively highlight areas of opportunity or concern
- Develop and continuously improve a cost reporting framework which allows Leadership Team and Senior Management to understand the drivers of their cost base and what levers they have to drive change
- Review and approve financial business cases from your departments, prior to submission to the Cost Committee.
- Assisting with the running of the Cost Committee
- Provide necessary support across each department as follows (may vary as business needs dictate):
- Design and provide financial models for your areas which will form the financial inputs for company planning and forecasting cycles
- Support, review and challenge the outputs from the departments for the company planning and forecasting cycles, creating a joint submission between FBP and your department to FP&A
- Develop accurate financial business cases, supported by scenario analysis, for the Operations departments
- Develop recommended business solutions through research, analysis of data and business process and implement when appropriate
- Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams
- Play a mentor role for more junior members of the FBP team
- Ability to benchmark CarTrawler performance against the external market, ensuring performance trends are unearthed and contextualised
- Work closely with the FBP Manager to ensure that the team is delivering upon its responsibilities in an organized and professional manner
Knowledge and Experience
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with minimum of 3+years PQE
- Excellent financial acumen and ability to understand and breakdown complex data and processes.
- A self-starter, with a passion for getting under the hood and understanding what is driving business performance, both positive and negative.
- Strong experience preparing presentations for presenting to and influencing the decisions of senior management.
- Have strong analytical capability, conducting analysis and distilling this into recommendations which the business can understand and use for business decisions.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with ability to effectively manage stakeholder relationships
- Critical thinking – the ability to think outside the box, see the bigger picture through consideration of future implications and scenarios and use these when making recommendations.
- Communication skills –understanding the audience, purpose of what needs to be achieved, listening to the needs of the recipients and present
- Problem solver – ability to work with ambiguous information to determine root cause or drivers and then put forward resolutions.
- Accuracy & attention to detail is critical as this information is used to inform business decisions and influence strategy.
- Experience preparing and reviewing financial models
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively to ensure objectives are met successfully and on time
- Systems experience such as SQL and Tableau an advantage.
- Planning and project management skills
- Strong excel skills a must.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.