CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems.
Driving the Customer Transactions Leadership Team – you will be working with an awesome bunch of individuals who are passionate about the customer experience and business impact through payments and refunds. As Head of Customer Transactions, you will bring a key strategic understanding of ecommerce, responsibility of a multi-million budget, Transactions KPI’s and how we can drive shared wins for our business, partners, suppliers and customers.
Reporting to: Director of Customer Transactions, Insights & Delivery
- Responsible for executing Customer Transactions strategy across payments and refunds to achieve a multi-million-euro cost budget across multiple payment types and currencies.
- Accountable for the oversight and day to day management of CarTrawler payments performance, including payment success rates, payment costs, and DCC optimisation.
- Accountable for the oversight and day to day Transactions Operations, (cancellations and refunds) within Customer Transactions to ensure we achieve our KPIs while mitigating financial losses and leakages.
- Work closely with current and potential partners to understand how we can continue to deliver a best in class customer experience with a focus on payment success rates, resulting our fraud false positive and costs.
- Build and continually review our Transactions initiative backlog for delivery with our Product Teams.
- Package insights into intuitive stories that can be shared with the team and stakeholders across the wider business that includes in depth analysis of customer payments behaviours and journeys.
- Provide leadership to develop, mentor and coach team members to be the best that they can be in supporting their aspirations and growth within the business, and to become experts in Payments
- Lead and motivate a team by engendering trust, commitment, and shared success in the achievement of objectives.
- 5+ years’ experience in payments leadership position is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through others, developing and building high performing teams.
- Tangible experience in delivering results through people and continuously improving metrics and meet/exceed targets.
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills with the ability to manage relationships and influence decision makers across multiple levels in the organisation.
- Possess an aptitude for solving analytical problems and finding root causes of issues.
- High standard of written communication and business level presentation.
- Demonstrated commercial awareness with a deep understanding of business drivers to guide decisions and lead others
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Ability to work with and manage virtual teams
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, and an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – the last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parental, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler's Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion in the workplace
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regard to decisions on positions and promotions are an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will work to ensure neurodivergent individuals and/or people with disabilities are set up for success to participate in the interview process. If additional success enablers and or accommodations are needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment. Please let your recruiter know how we can support you by contacting our team directly at [email protected]