Relationship Manager ( Fixed Term contract)
(Fixed Term Contract)
CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
Reporting to: Senior Supply Team Manager
The Corporate Car Supply Team ensure optimum availability and pricing of our car rental product, by understanding market environments and building effective professional relations with car hire providers globally. Our mission is to ensure that we provide our customers with a continuously improving product range that offers choice and value wherever in the world they are searching. An exciting place to work that offers experience of working with suppliers in every country in the world and with a high level of collaboration with all internal colleagues as the hub of our business.
Main Accountabilities and Key Tasks:
- Build effective, professional, and long-term relationships with the corporate car rental brand(s)!
- You will maintain and improve supplier relationships including quarterly business reviews, meetings, attending tradeshows, and visiting suppliers
- You will lead all aspects of account manage each brand – having overall responsibility for all aspects of the brand including contracting, commercials, growth, customer service, and billing
- Ensure our supply content, availability, and rates for each brand is at a minimum on par with our competitors
- Work closely with the Head of Car Supply to reach an agreement on efficient rebate structures and commercials
- Ensure that all corporate contracts are in date and plan for future contract evaluations in advance of the contract expiry date
- Establish two-way information sharing with our suppliers, particularly about market insights
- Use data-driven insights to find opportunities to collaborate with the car suppliers
- Work closely with the Supply Operations and Product team to provide insight and feedback on our supplier reporting, analytics, and product workstreams
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the supply perspective is heard, well understood, and actively factored into relevant decisions
- You will collaborate on projects within the supply team and in the broader CarTrawler business to drive, develop and implement best practice
- Trading Team – regular liaison with the Trading Squads to ensure partner/customer supply needs are being serviced and anticipated
- Supply Operations and Product – an open line of communication regarding supplier product innovation, supplier reporting/analytics, and supplier data
- Insurance Supply – to work closely on the potential of engaging corporate suppliers on supplier insurance and investigation into a customer insurance claim
- Customer Centre of Excellence & Finance – two-way stream of communication to establish and maintain process and procedures to ensure supplier brand is being maintained and all accounts are up to date
Knowledge and experience:
- Previous in a similar account management role with positive relationship building and communication skills
- Professional Qualification (eg. ACCA, ACA, CIMA, Legal Qualification etc) a benefit but not a necessity
- Proven commercial negotiation experience and skills
- Commercial awareness regarding contracts – familiarity with key contract terms and commercial structures
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills - either through professional experience or your educational qualifications
- A process-driven individual with strong attention to detail & ability to understand financial and commercial indicators
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects & drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on relative importance and vitality
- Contributes innovative ideas & supports knowledge sharing
- Team worker – ability to collaborate with various teams across the organization
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]