Senior Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst
Finance & Legal
CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
To support the FP&A Manager in the preparation of financial information such as monthly board reporting, annual company Plans, quarterly forecasts and strategy presentations. As an FP&A analyst you will be expected to analyse economic and business trends, review past company performance, and attempt to anticipate obstacles and potential problems, all with an eye toward forecasting CarTrawlers future financial results. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to gain commercial exposure and grow their experience in areas such as commercial finance, corporate development and project management.
Reporting to: FP&A Manager
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
- Support the FP&A Manager with the annual planning process, 3-year plans and quarterly Forecasts
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the financial models and templates used for the Company plan and quarterly Forecasts.
- Create and maintain a robust reporting framework which gives the LT (Leadership Team) the ability to view Actuals vs Plan, Prior year and Forecast at the relevant granularity throughout a month.
- Review monthly performance in the company P&L and Cashflow, engaging with Finance Business Partners/Senior Managers to gain an understanding of key drivers of company performance
- Take a leading role in the production of monthly CFO, CEO reports & other reports/analysis required by key stakeholders (LT, Board, Investors and company senior management) to support informed decision making
- Support with managing relationships with investors around reporting requirements, addressing any day to day reporting queries and maintaining a strong working relationship
- Drive continual process improvements leveraging best practices, standardization, and automation to scale the business.
- Act as Commercial Finance point person in supporting the Financial Transformation team in Finance data remediation project
- Develop a strong relationship with the Finance Business Partnering team to ensure that any Financial data they are using is aligned with FP&A financials and methodologies
- Ability to benchmark CarTrawler performance against the external market, ensuring performance trends are unearthed and contextualised
- Perform insightful analysis into deviations of company performance; with an ability to make informed assumptions on a timely basis and deliver an overall recommendation
- Mentor more junior members of the team in areas such as financial modelling and Data visualisation
Knowledge and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is desirable.
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with 3+years PQE and previous experience in an FP&A or similar commercial role
- Systems experience such as SQL, Tableau and Enterprise Performance Management a distinct advantage.
- Intermediate/Advanced with MS Office packages, advanced Excel skills and integrated accounting systems experience
- Excellent financial acumen and ability to understand and breakdown complex data and processes.
- High proficiency in financial modelling
- Critical thinking – the ability to think outside the box, see the bigger picture through consideration of future implications and scenarios and use these when making recommendations
- Problem solver – ability to work with ambiguous information to determine root cause or drivers and then put forward resolutions
- Innate curiosity and willingness to learn about the financial and operational characteristics of both CarTrawler and the wider online ground transportation industry
- Have strong analytical capability through planning the analysis, conducting analysis and distilling this into recommendations which the business can understand and use for business decisions.
- Accuracy & attention to detail is critical as this information is used to inform business decisions and influence strategy.
- Team player with a proven track record of working in a highly collaborative environment with finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively to ensure objectives are met successfully and on time
- Strong inter-personal and presentation skills with ability to effectively manage stakeholder relationships.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.