CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
Role Purpose: To maximize sales and revenue by signing new partnerships from a portfolio of opportunities.
Reporting to: Head of Business Development
Main accountabilities & key tasks:
- Plan, build and maintain strong business relationships with key prospective partners to drive Commercial Sales strategic priorities
- Identify, progress and harness a comprehensive pipeline of new key business opportunities
- Through a solution sales approach, forge and develop a clear understanding of customer's business and technology requirements and to develop a qualified pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Prepare and submit customer proposals to the highest professional standard ensuring the CarTrawler brand and commercial guidelines are adhered to.
- Lead the design and presentation of customer solutions. Manage all relevant internal and external relationships to ensure maximum customer satisfaction through service delivery and ongoing support. Manage and progress all sales opportunities through Salesforce ensuring completeness & accuracy of relevant engagements and providing comprehensive updates for senior management and CarTrawler Executive team
- Through active and effective pipeline management and sales execution, ensure sales targets are achieved on an ongoing basis.
- Play an active role in supporting key internal stakeholders (e.g. Product, Commercial and Technical Teams) with a thorough understanding of market demands and client requirements. Directly assist with New Product Development activity where relevant and required.
- Collaborate with other key departments (e.g. Product, UX, Legal, Finance, Partner Management) throughout the sales process, particularly during competitive tenders and responding to RFPs Make a positive contribution to wider sales team and overall business unit development and strategy.
- Represent the company at industry and or other networking events.
- Work with Marketing to build high impact local and global campaigns.
- Assist in the acquisition of Strategic Partners, working closely with the Director of Business Development (Strategic).
- Support junior team members in their development through knowledge sharing and mentoring.
- Product to ensure a thorough understanding of market demands
- Legal, Finance and Partner Management throughout sales process
- Product Marketing to ensure high standard and relevant content for presentations and meetings
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years working in a sales environment preferably within the travel industry.
- Proven track record of selling into the corporate marketplace. Driven by success, with a strong desire to win.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets on a regular and recurring basis whilst ensuring customer expectations are always met.
- Ability and confidence to operate and communicate effectively at all levels both in a professional and social setting.
- Excellent communicator and experienced at delivering sophisticated sales presentations at a senior level.
- Demonstrable experience of effectively developing and managing a qualified sales pipeline of opportunity.
- Excellent knowledge of the marketplace and overall travel industry. Highly professional, with strong personal and professional integrity, who can successfully represent CarTrawler both internally & externally. Strong influencing and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and build relationships with all stakeholders inside and outside of CarTrawler
- Excellent commercial acumen with direct experience of preparing and submitting complex bids and/or tender responses. Highly motivated, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, high expectations of yourself and the wider company in support of customer needs.
- Organisational & project management skills.
- Good analytical skills and ability to work with numbers and reports.
- Technology savvy with ability to communicate technical product features effectively. Have proven day to day working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Salesforce (CRM)
- Ability to travel as needed and flexible to adapt working style and hours to the changes in work volume.
If you come from a sales, account executive, account manager, business development, sales executive background we would love to hear from you.
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]