CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
The Director of Engineering leads and motivates our engineering teams to consistently deliver quality software solutions, which ultimately enables our CarTrawler business strategy. Consistently analyses and improves team productivity whilst creating a culture of high performance and enthusiasm. Continually advances our software development practices and creates an environment of achievement, reward and respect which attracts and retains top engineering talent. Works closely with the Director of Product and Design to ensure we deliver car rental booking technology of the highest standard that meets our car booking customer requirements and our travel partner business and revenue requirements.
Reporting to: Chief Product & Technology Officer
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
- Key member of the Product & Technology Leadership Team.
- Leads our engineering teams through estimation, planning, development and deployment to maximise business value and customer experience
- Knows how to manage agile development process and how to get the most out of your teams, ensuring on-time delivery of both short- and long-term projects and initiatives
- Consistently analyses & improves team productivity, refine processes, and implement methods, tooling and engineering to increase efficiency for members of the team
- Creates a world class development environment that can produce highly scalable solutions
- Collaborates with colleagues across departments to create solutions for our long-term strategic needs
- Works with engineering managers, teams, and people partners to drive high performance, engagement and career growth for your function
- Demonstrates best practice for software development (i.e. quality, security, performance) and accountable for identifying scalability solutions
- Be a proactive and effective communicator across the senior management team, building strong relationships with all the relevant functions, gaining the necessary insights to build successful products, platform and features.
- Creates and promotes an attractive CarTrawler Engineering brand as a rewarding and exciting place to work both internally and externally.
- Creates and grows the next generation of leadership and management talent in the Car Trawler Product & Technology function.
- Empowers the Engineering managers and teams to take ownership and responsibility to deliver the best possible technology solutions, and to help shape the product roadmap and strategy.
- Director of Product & Design to ensure alignment on meeting product visions and goals
- Portfolio Management to create clear plans for delivery of priority projects and initiatives
- Trading function, Partner Relationship Management, Supply & insurance and CCE to ensure quality technical solutions are being delivered
- Senior Engineering Managers to ensure we are providing the correct leadership and support to the engineering teams.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in similar/relevant role
- Strong communication, organisation and leadership skills
- A commercially focused, outcome driven, positive, can-do engineering leader
- Entrepreneurial, highly collaborative, self-starting, structured and a strong problem solver Strategic mind-set to impact the delivery of product(s) vision and strategy
- Experience leading multiple engineering teams in both technology and process
- Strong understanding of agile methodology, software development best practices and CI/CD principles
- Proven record leading a variety of projects including proofs of concept, new product/feature development, and re-engineering initiatives among others
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts, features and results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent time-management skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time with quality
- Leader in innovation to generate innovative product ideas
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team to pro-actively and strategically deliver results
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.