Take a lead role in designing, developing, and maintaining the data warehouse and data marts along with our in-house toolset for CarTrawler data initiatives. This will include the development and configuration of tools, approach to data, data requirements, prioritization, deliverables, and implementation. Working closely with the Head of Data Intelligence, Data Engineers, DBAs and Business Owners/Department Heads to provide accurate development efforts, timely deliverables, and optimal results.
This role is on the Data Science and Insights team using the latest tools and technologies such as Airflow, Snowflake Data Warehouse, DBT and many AWS technologies.
- Design & implementation of CarTrawler’s data warehouse & data marts.
- Responsible for creating data models that enable the implementation of the intended business solution.
- Design and build extensible data acquisition and integration solutions using various tools such as Airflow, Python, or DBT in our AWS cloud.
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Ability to provide advice about big data, a big data strategy, the implementation of big data, and how to support the reporting solution.
- Gather, document, examine and manage data integration and requirements along with supporting data dictionaries and data quality.
- Analyze and resolve problems associated with workflow, and/or processes as required for defining requirements or specifications for development efforts.
- Consult and coordinate with the Data Intelligence Manager and other team members, as well as other areas of CarTrawler for the definition of business systems, code, requests, requirements, specifications, approach, prioritization, and implementation, directed at CarTrawler business initiatives and strategies
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc or MSc in a relevant quantitative field, e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or equivalent experience in a business-related field.
- Data Preparation and Data Warehousing (SQL, Warehouse architecture, OLAP or equivalent)
- Databases (Relational, Columnar Storage, Semi-Structured)
- Data Architecture
- Data Integration (ETL/ELT and Use of APIs and Building/Configuring Tools)
- Data Modelling (Kimball or Inmon or Data Vault)
- Programming (Python/Java, Airflow, or equivalent)
3+ years of successful experience in three of the following disciplines and be an expert in two:
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at careers[email protected]