CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
The Developer Experience Role within Cartrawler is a series of practices and processes that are intended to speed up and automate aspects of the processes of developing, testing and releasing software, allowing for the continuous delivery of software and software updates.
You will be working with front-end and backend teams within our Product and Technology Departments identifying key areas of improvement within each team’s tech stack focusing on re-usability and standardisation.
It’s a way to build collaboration and transparency across software development and IT operations – leading to greater visibility for business teams and, ultimately, more revenue. Tightening feedback loops and improving communication between IT and developers will help you quickly build observable systems that drive real customer value.
Developer Experience Engineering Manager
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
- Building and setting up new development tools internally
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Demoing tools and achievements to relevant stakeholders
- Working with Engineering Managers and engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in System Designing across multiple products
Knowledge and Experience:
- Solid Experience with writing Unit Tests, Integration Tests and Performance Tests
- Good Experience with Release Management
- Solid Experience in Building Tools and Custom Libraries
- Knowledge of best practices using Code Reviews and Gitflow
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, Nexus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Awareness of AWS cloud technologies is a nice to have
- Working knowledge of container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes using Docker is a nice to have but not essential
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.