The Commercial Director is responsible for the development and execution of the CarTrawler Commercial Sales Strategy, identifying growth opportunities, maximizing commercial prospects and driving incremental revenues for the business. The Commercial Director is part of the Commercial Leadership Team, and this role also sits on the CarTrawler Extended Leadership Team.
Reporting to: Chief Commercial Officer
Main Accountabilities and Key Tasks:
- Developing and delivering an innovative Commercial Sales Strategy
- Scaling and growing CarTrawler business opportunities and building a diversified pipeline of prospects aligned with the company strategy
- Evolving our commercial propositions to meet the requirements of the ever-changing partner set and competitive landscape
- Allocating resources to maximize commercial opportunities in line with optimizing revenues for the business
- Developing and building relationships with key decision makers and C-Suite representatives involved in any prospective opportunities
- Embedding optimization improvements across the commercial sales team
- Accountable for preparation, submission, and presentation of proposals to the highest professional standard
- Optimizing commercial opportunities for both partners and CarTrawler
- Ensuring the business development team, work within the commercial framework(s) and are focused on delivering and exceeding targets
- Defines and owns handover process from sales to Go-live and Partner Relationship Management
- Developing a healthy high performing sales team culture to meet and exceed delivery against targets
- This role requires the successful candidate to travel to meet a potential new partner
- Self-Management- A strong role model by managing yourself, your time, and your meetings in a productive and useful manner
- Strong communicator – building trust by having regular quality 121’s, cascading relevant business updates, and checking in with your people
- Provide quality feedback-provide helpful, constructive feedback to improve performance on an ongoing basis and as part of the company performance management process.
- Recognize individual and team achievements
- Empower, Trust and Verify - Be clear on expectations with your team, agree on measurements of success and hold team members accountable.
- Inspire-engage the hearts and minds of the team by role modeling our company values. Provide clarity and alignment-sharing a clear vision of collective success and ensuring alignment to overall business strategy.
- Hire and develop super talent
- An ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
Knowledge and experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- Experienced negotiator with extensive business development experience and the ability to influence
- Commercial acumen with a deep understanding of partners and the competitive market
- Excellent communication and relationship skills to secure new Partners
- Quick thinker and strategic decision maker when prospecting Partners
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects, and drive strategic initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- High integrity, and excellent relationship development, communication, and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team to pro-actively and strategically deliver results
- An agile mindset with the ability to scale, adapt and evolve in an ever-changing marketplace
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]