CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
As a Tax Accountant within the Finance function, you will be responsible for managing the day to day tax compliance and assisting the Head of Tax on tax related projects.
Reporting to: Head of Tax
Together with the Head of Tax, you will be responsible for managing all taxes for CarTrawler including:
- Responsibility for ensuring accurate completion and compliance with tax return filing requirements across all Tax heads (Corporation Tax including R&D tax credit, VAT and payroll taxes) across all countries and companies within the group
- Monthly and annual tax reporting and tax provisioning in the financial statements
- Management of overall R&D tax credit documentation process
- Assistance in relation to advising and implementation of corporate structuring including consideration of financing structures, transfer pricing etc.
- Responsibility for ensuring all tax compliance requirements are adhered to, for any new or changes/amendments to existing processes and or structures
- Proactively seek to ensure the business is educated on all relevant tax models (e.g., VAT) to ensure efficiency and alignment. This includes identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Provide support to all business functions by ensuring that tax is appropriately considered for commercial decisions and analysis
- Working closely with external stakeholders and building strong relationships
Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualified accountant or tax advisor
- Experience working in a Tax or Finance Department (either at an accountancy firm or inhouse)
- Excellent computer knowledge: strong excel skills are essential including experience working with large volumes of data
- Excellent team player
- Conscientiousness regarding their work and a willingness to take full ownership of their areas of work
- Strong problem solving skills combined with strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst also demonstrating a keen eye for detail
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.