CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
As part of IT Systems team, take a leading role in the design and architecture of our planned end state AWS architecture, while ensuring that our existing hybrid production 24x7 environments can continue to meet availability, reliability, security and scalability standards during the transition.
Support the design and enhancement of our existing cloud workloads and provide technical leadership and implementation of our planned major cloud migration projects. Collaborate with our DevOps teams in designing new cloud-based solutions for the development infrastructure and tooling used by our Engineering and Data Science teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and architecture of our target AWS environments as we evolve from a hybrid environment to a fully cloud based organisation
- Responsible for ensuring that we can deploy new solutions to the cloud environments while meeting management, security, scalability and reliability requirements.
- Actively engage with other senior technical leads across Engineering and Data Science in ensuring our infrastructure provision meets major project demands. Select and implement key AWS components (e.g. AWS APIs, AWS CloudFormation templates) best suited to support our growing cloud footprint.
- Identify those best practice guidelines to deploy, for the architectural design for our target end state.
- Ability to evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS.
- Ability to design a hybrid architecture using key AWS technologies (e.g., VPN, AWS Direct Connect) as well as a continuous integration and deployment process.
- Ensure effective monitoring of cloud systems is in place to ensure system uptime, security, and performance of IT Infrastructure.
- Design and implement AWS security best practices with the Security team.
- Identify appropriate AWS service selection to provide most cost-effective long-term implementation.
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Proven knowledge and experience on AWS platform
- Professional AWS Architect Certification
- Experience building and provisioning environments using CloudFormation and/or other IAC tools.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of architecting and deploying Docker and Kubernetes environments
- Strong understanding of security best practices
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Mentoring and coaching of junior team members.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.