Reporting to: Director of Insights and Data Science
Who are the Data Science team in CarTrawler
Insights and Data Science at CarTrawler is currently ~20 very diverse people. Our team works with other teams across CarTrawler to deliver insights from data. Insights Analysts primarily use SQL, Thoughtspot, and Tableau platforms. But these are relatively easy to learn so if you have mastered data insights on any platform (e.g. R, Python, Qlik/Looker, SAS, Spark, BigQuery, etc.) and have a desire to change the world with data, keep reading – we’re interested.
What will you support in this role
· In this role you would perform complex analysis on large data sets using appropriate data analysis techniques and tools with a strong focus on quality and to turn the findings of that analysis into actionable insights.
· Specifically, we help our colleagues across the business derive insights from very large datasets from our Snowflake data warehouse. This could be multivariate A/B testing data, search queries, bookings, customer satisfaction or tagging, and SnowPlow user interaction data. And we’re adding new sources all the time – e.g. Google PPC advertising data.
We deliver these insights as models for use directly on our booking engines, directly to colleagues when working on project teams, and as Thoughtspot pinboards and Tableau dashboards which refresh daily so colleagues, partners, suppliers, and senior management can always self-serve the information they need.
· You will also help colleagues with the exploration and analysis of data, showing them the most appropriate methods.
· There are opportunities to grow and shape your role at CarTrawler over time. This includes opportunities to work on new projects and learn new skills if necessary to deliver our committed insights.
- Working with the Senior Insights Analyst and the wider Insights team you’ll help build and maintain different reporting tools, such as dashboards, to uncover insights and publish them to stakeholders (we’ll show you how we do it but are always open to new ideas)
- Identify and analyze relevant data to drive business goals and validate designs; turn data into actionable insights, and provide the company with data-driven recommendations
- With your manager - deliver best-in-class approaches for projects and our data model to improve the quality and efficiency of analysis
- Learn our data estate so you can decide which types of data are best suited for each project, and triangulate where possible
- Assist senior stakeholders in the business with ad-hoc analysis and insights when required
- Help analytics colleagues around the business through analytical and SQL coding problems
Knowledge & Experience
- Highly analytical with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn (in addition we provide significant access to online training so you don’t need to know everything when you join)
- Strong data visualization skills with the ability to present data in a logical & meaningful way.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interpret complex or technical concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- As a guideline, we would expect a minimum of two years of working with data and doing useful work with it, either in industry or in postgraduate work.
- Strong (intermediate) knowledge of SQL – or a demonstrated capability to learn quickly
- As a guide– an advanced degree is not required if a candidate has practical hands-on experience with data. Equally – a Ph.D./MSc looking to transition into a data career will find this role interesting.
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]