CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
We’re looking for a Head of Product who will drive forward our product vision and strategy and further enhance our market-leading partner proposition. The successful candidate will manage a team of product managers and co-ordinate activities across product teams and stakeholders to research, shape and execute a product roadmap that helps us drive successful partnerships.
Reporting to: Director of Product and Design
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
- Drive the Partner Proposition Product vision and strategy, and effectively lead execution of the strategy
- Lead a team of product managers, providing mentoring and guidance and fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Identifying opportunities to improve key KPIs through product enhancements and advocating for those enhancements through the prioritisation and road mapping processes
- Build a compelling product roadmap with clearly articulated hypotheses for value creation
- You will provide leadership across a number of product teams, helping them come up with effective solutions that are valuable (to our customers, partners and suppliers), viable (the solution works for our business), usable (the user can figure out how to use) and feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement)
- Collaborate effectively across the Product & Technology to ensure optimal alignment across teams and to effectively manage dependencies between teams
- Have a good understanding the evolving market and the competitive landscape by working with our Commercial and Operations teams
- Understand our user challenges and how those inputs relate to the business strategy by collaborating effectively with our Product Design, Customer and Insights teams
- Working closely with our Partner Management, Trading and Go-Live teams to understand our partners technology and business requirements
- Benchmarking product capabilities against competitor products
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to promote the improvements we make to our product proposition
- Be a proactive and effective contributor to the CarTrawler Extended Leadership Team
- Deploy and cultivate product management best practice, and champion product thinking across the company
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7+ years experience in Product Management roles, with significant experience in managing a B2B product
- Proven track record in formulating and driving product strategy
- Excellent and effective communicator – able to communicate at all levels within the team (tech, design, research) and the various business functions – relaying product updates, decisions and rationale
- Able to see the big picture and create and communicate a vision for the product
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Strong understanding of lean/agile delivery and software delivery lifecycle methodologies
- Commercial savviness – solid understanding of product performance and setting KPIs for product and testing success
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.