CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems.
This role can be based in New York, Dublin or the UK.
The VP Business Development is responsible for owning the end-to-end sales process for high value opportunities, maximising commercial prospects and driving incremental revenue for CarTrawler at pace. You will lead and own commercial negotiations to build strong, long-term partnerships whilst working cross-functionally to define and scope complex partner commercial and technical requirements.
Reporting to: Commercial Director
Main Accountabilities and Key Tasks:
- Scaling and growing CarTrawler partner opportunities and building a diversified pipeline of prospects aligned with the company strategy
- Developing and building relationships with key decision makers and C-Suite representatives involved in any prospective opportunities
- Influencing prospective partners at all levels and selling consultatively
- Problem solving in a complex, ambiguous, and high growth environment
- Working with Commercial Strategy to evolve our commercial propositions to meet the requirements of the ever-changing partner set and competitive landscape
- Developing a clear understanding of prospective partners’ business and technology requirements and articulating these back to the business
- Working on complex deals that require more customization and are not necessarily "out of the box" solutions and working cross-functionally to scope, agree and deliver against these requirements
- Accountable for preparation, submission, and presentation of proposals including tender responses to the highest professional standard ensuring the CarTrawler brand and commercial guidelines are adhered to.
- Through active and effective pipeline management and commercial execution, ensuring commercial targets are achieved on an ongoing basis.
- Closing deals that maximise contribution for CarTrawler through working within the commercial framework(s) to deliver and exceed targets
- Playing an active role in supporting key internal stakeholders (e.g. Product, Commercial and Technical Teams) with a thorough understanding of market demands and partner requirements
- Managing and progressing all commercial opportunities through Salesforce ensuring completeness & accuracy of relevant engagements and providing comprehensive updates for senior management and CarTrawler Leadership Team
- Collaborating with other key departments (e.g. Go-Live, Product & Technology, Legal, Finance, Partner Management) throughout the sales process, particularly during competitive tenders and responding to RFPs
- Representing CarTrawler at industry and or other networking events.
- Support other team members in their development through knowledge sharing and mentoring.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10 years+ in senior roles in travel or management consulting with travel sector experience essential
- High attention to detail with ability to ramp up quickly and become an authority on our business
- Strong influencing and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and build relationships with all stakeholders including c-suite inside and outside of CarTrawler
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with curiosity to resolve problems, identify emerging business trends, be creative and find innovative solutions
- Strong ability to challenge both internal and external stakeholders whilst still maintaining excellent relationships
- Experienced negotiator with extensive business development experience and the ability to influence
- Excellent commercial acumen with direct experience of preparing and submitting complex bids and/or tender responses.
- Highly professional, with strong personal and professional integrity, who can successfully represent CarTrawler both internally & externally
- Excellent knowledge of the marketplace and overall travel industry
- Technology savvy with ability to communicate technical product features effectively to both commercial and technical audiences
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects and initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- High proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel required
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, and an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – the last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parental, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler's Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion in the workplace
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regard to decisions on positions and promotions are an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will work to ensure neurodivergent individuals and/or people with disabilities are set up for success to participate in the interview process. If additional success enablers and or accommodations are needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment. Please let your recruiter know how we can support you by contacting our team directly at [email protected]