Support the Head of Trading Analytics & Optimisations in defining the pricing strategy for car and insurance, sort order applications, and MVT testing. Work closely with the Trading Squad and be agile in addressing trading performance issues and highlighting areas of concern
Reporting to: Head of Trading Analytics & Optimisations
What are the responsibility's of a Business Analyst
- Work within a trading squad to support the day-to-day management of trading P/L performance
- Develop a streamlined understanding of what truly drives pricing performance
- Responsible for implementing pricing strategies for car and insurance, sort order strategies, and MVT hypothesis testing for the business
- Manage and implement day-to-day pricing tests, analyze the results and take corrective actions thereafter
- Formulate business needs into problem statements that can be interpreted by supporting teams around the business (E.g., Data Science, P&T, Supply etc)
Who exceeds in the role? Top performers in the Business Analyst positions usually have:
- Identifying which machine learning algorithms are likely to perform best and working closely with Data Science to optimize performance
- Perform deep dive analysis into pricing performance to help the Squad and Partners understand pricing performance and the impact of pricing decisions on partner commission and overall profitability
- Keeping tabs on market and driven pricing and performance and use this information to educate the rest of the trading squad and inform price strategy
What are the role requirements?
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze and visualize data in a clear and concise manner
- Understanding and interpreting experimental design and A/B testing is a requirement
- Show creative initiative and work collaboratively to tackle those analytical problems
- Experience with online sales and pricing management is a distinct advantage
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with individuals and groups
- Ability to supervise and deliver results within timelines and to a consistently high standard
- Ability to work in an environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation in the design of programs and processes
- Ability to influence successfully at all levels within the business along with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with all team members
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]