CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems.
Reporting to: Head of Insurance & Supply Procurement
- Act as the insurance merchandising expert focused on increasing insurance conversion and in turn achieving increased insurance revenue.
- Ensure merchandising initiatives and action plans align with the overall insurance strategy by articulating what’s important to our customers, our insurers, and our business partners.
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
- Identify and deliver insurance optimisations/ product enhancements, via a testing roadmap, that targets performance uplift for our partners.
- Work within the insurance team to identify new strategic opportunities, then be accountable for their delivery by working closely with internal stakeholders.
- Analyse insurance performance data via agreed KPIS, and in turn act on insights with agreed actions plans.
- Create and prepare business cases and sizing initiatives, which are in turn are used to secure development resource.
- Constructively challenge to ensure product updates are prioritized based on the insurance strategy which will result in enhanced customer experience achieving a positive impact on revenue outcomes.
- Be the expert on our insurance products and their performance by keeping up to date on the market, the competitive landscape (incl. research), our user challenges, and how those inputs relate to the business strategy.
- Represent the insurance function as the team delivers and improves the insurance product roadmap, ensuring cross- functional stakeholders have a clear understanding of the insurance objectives.
- Be comfortable operating in regulated (insurance), commercial, and technology domains – balancing commercial gain with regulated parameters.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience working in Insurance & Car Industry is desirable, while experience in regulated product beneficial.
- Proven experience of managing online merchandising touchpoints/ campaigns, via delivery of projects from ideation to execution.
- Commercial savviness – solid understanding and experience setting KPIs for product and testing success.
- MVT testing knowledge desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent and effective communicator – able to communicate at all levels within the team (tech, design, research) and the various business functions, by relaying product updates, decisions, and rationale.
- Self-starter and collaborative team member – working well with your team, other product teams, and the business in realizing great product.
- Detail-oriented – great organizational skills, with the ability to capture all elements of requirements and scenarios.
- Partnerships & Trading Squads: Key stakeholders who rely on the insurance function to provide an ancillary revenue generating touchpoint for our partners.
- Product & Technology: critical stakeholder responsible for the maintenance of insurance touchpoints as well as facilitating the build of insurance initiatives/ strategic projects.
- MarTech: Stakeholder responsible for facilitating insurance CRM opportunities.
- Car Supply: This is a close working relationship as insurance is attached to the car purchase.
- Data Science & Insights: This is a 2-way relationship with the aim of both functions relying on each other to better improve the accuracy and data quality.
- Customer Operations: Provide any insights that will improve the customer experience
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, and an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – the last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parental, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler's Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion in the workplace
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regard to decisions on positions and promotions are an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will work to ensure neurodivergent individuals and/or people with disabilities are set up for success to participate in the interview process. If additional success enablers and or accommodations are needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment. Please let your recruiter know how we can support you by contacting our team directly at [email protected]