At the start of 2019, CarTrawler created a dedicated business function within the organisation referred to as Mobility. `Realise the Mobility Opportunity’ is one of the four pillars for the company strategy thus re-enforcing it’s important to the overall company vision. This function was set up to focus exclusively on a reformed mobility proposition for our partners, partners end customer and our suppliers. The dedicated function is made up of cross-functional disciplines which range from Product & Technology, Business Development, Partner Relationship Management, Data Insights, Supply and Customer teams respectively.
Your specific role is to join the Mobility Product & Technology team and contribute to the overall delivery of the mobility product vision. This role will partner closely with the Tech Team Lead (Frontend), your direct peers and the Backend Engineering Team through API support. You will be responsible for contributing to the architecting, designing, and enhanced development of our mobility PWA (Preact) and SDK (ReactNative) applications.
Reporting to: Tech Team Lead - Frontend
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
- Contributing towards building, maintaining and deploying our frontend applications, focusing on application logic, state management, UI components and external interfaces for 3rd party integration.
- Contributing towards innovation - you will be helping to introduce modern tools, libraries & methods to experiment, learn, create proofs of concept and help bring ideas to life.
- Collaborate on technical coding issues and solutions - helping with technical decisions such as tools, coding practices and coding architecture used in your team.
- Working within a multi-functional, agile development team with dedicated designers, engineers and e-merchandising specialists.
- Tech Team Lead - Frontend
- Frontend Engineering Team
- Backend Engineering Team
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to set an example of good development practices to other developers on your team.
- Have experience in developing in a number of different frameworks and an understanding of modern development tools, techniques and patterns. You will have expert level skills in your most familiar development stack.
- You should thrive in a highly agile environment where you can work within teams on task specifications, technical planning, development and deployment.
- Be a developer at heart with the ability to write and review code, have a passion for frontend UI and pride in the applications that you deliver.
- You must be able to troubleshoot and solve complex problems - that's what makes software development fun and challenging for you.
- Be able to understand and contribute towards a technical vision. As we improve our architecture, you will be essential on this journey - because you understand the need to deliver working software that does what the customers and business stakeholders want
- Excellent knowledge of software development best practices (including continuous integration and writing unit/end-to-end test suites) is required.
- Work with partners, answer their questions, help them to integrate our products, troubleshoot and solve issues with them,
Tech Skillset Proficiencies:
- State management patterns (Redux, React Context)
- Testing frameworks (Jest)
Experience is a plus:
- Bash scripting and the terminal.
- Log Management tools (Graylog, Corologix, etc...)
- Gradle and CocoaPods.
- Java, Objective-C or Swift.
- Android Studio and XCode (including troubleshooting, reading stack traces, solving issues on the mobile native layer)
- Publishing mobile apps on Google Play and Apple Store – nice to have
- NoSQL Databases - MongoDB database browsing tools (Robo 3T– nice to have)
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]