Reporting to the CPO, this is a standalone specialist role that sits within the people team. The core purpose of the role is to develop innovative solutions to ensure we align pay with performance, stay market competitive, and create an exceptional employee experience. This role also is also a core contributor in the People Leadership Team.
Reporting to: Chief People Officer
Main Accountabilities and Key Tasks:
- Together with the CPO help shape the strategy, design, and development of our Total Rewards programme — from all things compensation (including base salary, equity-based programs, variable pay, bonuses, promotions), benefits, and recognition programs that support our team across all locations.
- Leads on all areas of compensation, including design, implementation, communication, administration, compliance and governance
- Provide LT & functional leadership teams consultancy on total reward philosophy, programmes and policies
- Collects and leverages real-time (not annual) data from direct competitors and best-in-class companies to ensure we're competitive, plus able to attract and retain best-in-class talent
- Ensure compliance with local government laws governing both compensation and benefits practices across all our locations
- Where agreed, project manage the implementation and communication of any new benefits or changes to the CarTrawler reward offering
- Responsible for annual benchmarking process, annual pay and bonus budgeting process
- Manage benefits vendors & brokers across all our locations
- Working with People Operations and Finance ensure that payroll for all locations is managed and reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Communicate, co-ordinate & provide consultancy & insights on all aspects of annual compensation planning cycles
- Act as the escalation point for any queries relating to pay and benefits
- Stays on top of market trends to identify opportunities and gaps to elevate attractiveness / competitiveness
- Gives recommendations to attract and retain Hi-Potential talent
- Provide guidance, develop solutions (e.g., manager training for compensation conversations), and broadcast educational pieces and programs around Total Rewards.
- Ensure continuous improvement mindset in relation to all compensation processes
- Responsible for the active management of headcount movement and the tracking of all headcount changes and out of cycle market alignments within budgetary parameters
Knowledge and experience :
- A minimum of 7 seven years experience of working in reward including experience of job evaluation and management of cyclical activity such as salary review and bonus processes.
- Sound knowledge of reward and recognition practices including pay models, job evaluation frameworks and benchmarking tools
- Experience of creating reward strategies for high growth technology companies
- Experience working in a high-tech, fast-paced environment requiring strong multi-tasking and prioritization abilities.
- Deep analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations; financial prowess and ability to build and manage budgets, models, etc.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects with a strong operational background
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and within a team with the ability to jump between the operational and tactical/strategic level
- Excellent communication skills being able to communicate verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences and ability to explain complex and technical information clearly and simply
- Excellent Excel skills and experience with HRIS essential
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]