CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for product and technology, someone who cares deeply about customers and who can inspire a team to create great experiences for them. The successful candidate for this role will have a clear understanding of what’s important to our partners, customers and suppliers and how to build products that meet their needs.
Reporting to: Director Product & Technology (Mobility)
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
- You will lead a product team, coming up with effective solutions that are valuable (to our customers, partners and suppliers), viable (the solution works for our business), usable (the user can figure out how to use) and feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement).
- People Management of a design team composing of three people currently.
- Understanding the evolving market, the competitive landscape, our user challenges and how those inputs relate to the business strategy.
- Identifying opportunities to improve key KPIs through product enhancements and advocating for those enhancements through the prioritisation and road mapping processes.
- Collaborate with our Insights, Customer, Supply and Design teams on product discovery. Ensure that our solutions are informed by deep knowledge of our users and customers, and the data about how our customers engage with our products.
- Being open to change and experimentation – knowing that the successes and failures of testing are the core components of understanding product.
- Inspiring a high performing team to deliver world-class products.
- Tech Team Leads – Frontend, Middleware & Backend
- Design Team Lead
- Team Leads - Commercial, Insights, Customer & Supply Operations.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent and effective communicator – able to communicate at all levels within the team (tech, design, research) and the various business functions – relaying product updates, decisions and rationale
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Strong understanding of lean/agile delivery and software delivery lifecycle methodologies
- Commercial savviness – solid understanding of product performance and setting KPIs for product and testing success
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.