CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems.
One of CarTrawler’s unique differentiators is its value-based culture. We only hire the best in market and proactively search for people who authentically embody our SHARC values -Shared Wins, Hunger, Active Choices, Relationships Make the Difference, and Craic.
Our Head of Talent Acquisition plays a key role as our cultural custodian ensuring we hire only the best, ensuring both cultural fit and potential. You will also be responsible for shaping the talent acquisition strategy, and talent pipeline programs, and driving alignment of strategic diversity partnerships and initiatives to enable and build a competitive advantage through the attraction and acquisition of high-caliber diverse talent.
While you will be at the forefront of building our talent acquisition strategy, you will also need to be comfortable helping with the on-the-ground recruitment as CarTrawler continues to build its people capability.
You will be a strong leader and people manager who has a track record of leading successful Talent Acquisition teams. Part of the wider Talent team (which also encompasses Talent Management), you will lead a team of TA Specialists as well as manage relationships with external and offshore vendors. You enjoy developing, retaining, and coaching your team and inspiring them to hit their personal and team goals as well as contributing to the overall success of the Talent Acquisition function. You are passionate about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and have experience building and supporting diverse teams and organizations. You enjoy having fun, creating a positive work environment, and seeing your team thrive!
You will have experience building recruiting strategies that are supported by metrics and data and enjoy building recruiting processes and innovative initiatives that ensure that we source, attract, and hire incredible and diverse talent. You will also be driven by continuously identifying ways to create efficiencies and best practices and you will be courageous and pioneering in experimenting with new, innovative recruitment strategies.
Telling the story with Data
You will have a passion for data and enjoy utilizing it to influence stakeholders, understanding the importance of core recruitment metrics and their impact on influencing decisions. You also have experience managing headcount, and partnering with Finance and can navigate senior stakeholder prioritization of roles.
People Leadership Team
You will be part of the People Leadership team as well as our Extended Leadership team and report to our Director of Talent. You will also work closely with the Chief People Officer as well as liaise and partner with a wide range of stakeholders including the CEO and Leadership Team, our senior leaders, and the wider People team.
Main accountabilities and key tasks
- Determines the strategic direction and objectives of the Talent Acquisition team to best support CarTrawler’s growth leveraging both internal and external talent pipelines.
- Oversees the full recruitment cycle to support all functions.
- Accountable for exploring, identifying, and implementing practices that allow the business to attract top talent
- Accountable for developing materials to communicate EVP through CarTrawler’s employment advertisements, career sites, job descriptions, and other employment materials.
- Identifies recommendations for streamlining the recruiting processes and oversees the screening and selection processes.
- Responsible for handing over successful candidates to the People Operations Team to kick off the onboarding process.
- Responsible for monthly talent acquisition reporting to the Leadership team
- Managing, coaching, and developing our exceptional Talent Acquisition team
- Ownership and management of the annual Talent Acquisition budget
- Responsible for end-to-end recruiting on certain senior positions
- Minimise spending on agency costs through direct sourcing strategies
- Utilize the latest technologies and provide data-driven insights to innovate our TA practices
- Deliver market mapping and insights to inform business hiring decisions
- Ensure adherence to the internal headcount tracking process
Job Qualifications Below are the qualifications expected of our Head of Talent Acquisition
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading Talent Acquisition teams
- Proven knowledge of tech & industry trends.
- Experience in in-house recruitment is a distinct advantage.
- Experienced interviewer.
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage.
- Excellent communication and business partnering skills.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management.
- Proven track record for extensive recruiting, resourcing, and talent acquisition
- A strategic mindset to make decisions about talent and drive a high-performing culture.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Analytical to manage key talent metrics.
- Commercial acumen when exploring practices to attract top talent.
- Experience in understanding capability gaps and making a judgment in forecasting future resourcing needs.
- Experience with budget management and invoicing (e.g. SAP Concur)
- 3-4 years of proficiency with Applicant tracking system experience (e.g. Lever
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, and an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – the last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parental, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler's Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion in the workplace
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regard to decisions on positions and promotions are an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will work to ensure neurodivergent individuals and/or people with disabilities are set up for success to participate in the interview process. If additional success enablers and or accommodations are needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment. Please let your recruiter know how we can support you by contacting our team directly at [email protected]