CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
Reporting to: Head of Partnerships
Purpose of Role:
Ensure Partner relationships are developed, maintained, and optimized
Independently drive Partner related projects to develop solutions that aim to enhance partner and trading performance and maximize return on investment. Conduct exploratory analysis which will continue to support understanding partner needs and provide valuable business insights. Equip Trading Squads with information, context, and partner updates that will maximize business performance
Maintain commercial relationships, renew contracts, and ensure all barriers to growth are removed. Be the Partners internal champion and voice within. CarTrawler working alongside Trading squads to maximize each Partner's potential. Mentor the junior team members by providing support and expertise on Partner Management-related techniques/skills and be a point of escalation for them. Collaborate & Lead effectively in cross-functional projects.
Main Accountability and Key Tasks
- Identify key stakeholders and primary decision-makers (for CT decision) in an organization (from the top-down)
- Be the Partners' internal champion and voice within the company working alongside the Trading squad to maximize each Partner's potential
- Identify Partner upsell opportunities for CarTrawler with new products, touchpoints, or enhanced operating models
- Support Partner contract renewal negotiations and the development of negotiation strategies to maximize CarTrawler profitability.
- Assess the status of Partner relationships - detractor, neutral, promoter
- Develop, build and maximize strong relationships with partners (includes travel to visit partner locations/attend conferences as necessary)
- Identify target connections to create an approach that will build 1:1 personal connections
Deliver on Partner needs
- Have a clear understanding of:
- o Partners strategic objectives and financial conditions
- o Partner needs, goals, and success metrics
- o Competitor and market activity landscape
- o The Deal Framework and how inputs will drive commercial decisions
- Provide the following for Partners:
- o Relevant product/service solutions
- o Prompt triaging and management of partner issues (feeding actions to the right area)
- o Competent technical information and knowledge to the partner.
- Successfully upsell improved or incremental solutions in order to drive improved commercial outcomes for existing partners.
- Represent partners internally, acting as their advocate and serving as a communication link in cross-functional environments
Create & Own Partner Account Plans
- Provide partners with a customized blend of products and services tailored to their needs
- Develop short-term and long-term Partner plans including ongoing analysis of outcomes and learning and opportunities
- Proactively recognize and act on opportunities beyond PRM E.g. Identifying sales opportunities
- Provide relevant and up-to-date technical information and knowledge to the partner
Participate in Trading Squads:
- Collaborate to produce analyses that will help partners understand pricing performance and the impact of pricing decisions on commission and overall profitability
- Ensure trading results and drivers of these outcomes are communicated in a timely and well-understood form to partners
- Ensure partners are kept up to date with regular and insightful updates on trading performance.
Cultivate and Grow CarTrawler’s Reputation with Partners
- Become an expert in the partner's business and make the connection – making the connection between the partner's needs and CarTralwer's ability to deliver for the partner
- Contribute to Partner growth by providing regular feedback, providing operational value-adds, and support through valuable insights/products & technology.
- Critical Interfaces:
- Provide commercial and strategic input to the Trading squad leads equipping them with information, context, and partner updates that could maximize business performance
- Go-Live Team and Sales:
- Maximize smooth on-boarding and mitigate any potential risks/issues during the handover of Partner accounts from Sales into Partner Relationship Management
- Supply and Insurance:
- Optimize alignment between supply and demand and coordinate any partner-specific requests (such as promotional content).
- Product and Technology
- Develop a strong understanding of CarTrawler Product and Technology offerings
- Project manage partner integrations.
- Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a similar/relevant role
- High integrity, and excellent relationship development and negotiation skills
- Business acumen to identify opportunities and speak knowledgeably about trading performance
- Ability to understand financial and commercial indicators
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple manner
- Proven ability to create, develop, run and deliver results from high performing teams
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]