CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
The Financial Reporting Manager is a key role within the Finance management team. The successful candidate will lead them, as well as mentoring and manage a team of talented financial reporting professionals.
Reporting to: Head of Finance
What are the responsibility of a finance reporting manager
- Coordination and preparation of monthly management & reporting packs
- Improve and streamline reporting
- Ongoing review and updating of company processes and procedures
- Development of new procedures and/or processes in line with evolution in business activity.
- Preparing annual consolidated financial statements and legal entity statutory financial statements
- Liaison with auditors. Audit planning and managing audit interim/ad hoc/annual engagements
- Statutory returns to Revenue and Companies office and other organizations e.g. CSO.
- Management of end-to-end process of the Insurance company
- Build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders and partners
- Management of the Financial Reporting team to include setting clear performance objectives, development plans and measures of success within the team
What are the role requirements?
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, or equivalent) with 3+ years of relevant industry experience in a dynamic environment
- People management experience is essential for this role with experience within a lead or managerial capacity
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to manage several priorities at once
- Proven track record managing and motivating a team within a finance function
- Ability to assess the impact of new accounting rules on current internal policies and procedures and implement new accounting standards into CarTrawler policy and process frameworks
- Extensive experience building and managing relationships with multiple external stakeholders and partners
- Experience working in a high-growth software company is highly desirable
Who exceeds in the role? Top performers in the Finance Reporting Manager positions usually have:
- Common sense approach and ability to drive the decision-making process
- Interpersonal skills and collaboration – ability to build lasting relationships across all levels of the organization and work well with others across the business
- Delegation – ability to delegate workload appropriately to your team
- Strong communication skills both in written and verbal
- Ability to motivate and engage team
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to take on tasks outside the area of assigned responsibility
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.