CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
To be the first point of contact for technical issues within the organization and to work with the I.T. team in finding the best resolution. To look for improvements ad efficiencies in the way Car Trawler’s support system works. Provide an escalation point for the other members of the Desktop Support team.
Reporting to: IT Helpdesk Team Lead
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
- Provide 1st line support services for end-users via email / phone and ticket systems with agreed SLA’s
- Support remote offices and users via phone and remote-control software
- Troubleshoot, repair and resolve all end user issues, including desktop/laptop hardware and software, printers, A/V, peripherals and other user related equipment
- Manage account creation, updates and deletions on all systems e.g. AD / Office 365 / Salesforce.
- Provide support in rolling out new hardware
- Phone support including mobile and internal systems
- Research and recommend improvements, and where possible automated approaches for administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Manage templates in the helpdesk system to improve responses
- Manage categories in the helpdesk system to improve report quality
- Communicating with relevant departments to ensure key information is shared in relation to IT support
- Run weekly reports and share with the team
- Training new starters into the desktop admin role with best practises and policies
- Provide training to other departments on relevant IT systems
- Act as a technical escalation point, providing expertise to both team members and end users
- Provide regular feedback on existing processes and methodologies within the department based on feedback captured within tickets
- Review ticket trends and suggest appropriate actions
- Manage and assist with various IT projects and roll outs
- Any other ad hoc tasks required within the IT department
- All teams – provide support for IT issues
- CCE – Investigating re-occurring issues and provide feedback to teams
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Expertise in PC systems, both hardware and software (Windows 7 & 10)
- Expertise in Microsoft Office
- Networking knowledge – TCP/IP, DNS, routing
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of Mac OS and Salesforce is advantageous
- Knowledge of office support systems including printers and A/V equipment
- Strong problem-solving skills
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.