CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
Role Purpose: A Software Engineer takes on the complex tasks, and coaches the engineers around them, delivering quality software on schedule that delivers on the CarTrawler business strategy. Works in a culture of high performance and enthusiasm, champions our software development practices and maintains an environment of achievement, reward and respect. Works closely with their Engineering Manager and Product Manager to ensure we deliver car rental booking technology of the highest standard that meets our car booking customer requirements and our travel partner business and revenue requirements.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
- Working with Engineering, Product and IT to understand business requirements.
- Collaborating with engineers to break down requirements into clear technical tasks.
- Taking responsibility for delivering prioritised complex technical tasks with high quality, performant code and accompanying tests.
- Understanding the technical architecture of your products, solving complex technical blockers that the team encounters, and identifying potential issues that less experienced engineers might miss.
- Ensuring agreed technical design, test strategies and best practices are adopted by the team.
- Working with team to meet project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Mentoring less experienced software engineers through tasks, and actively participating in high level discussions and proposing solutions to architecture changes across the wider team.
- Working with the Principal Engineers to introduce modern tools, libraries & methods to experiment, learn, create proofs of concept and bring ideas to life.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to write modular, scalable, and clean code.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Solid understanding of version control tools like Git or similar.
- Very strong problem solving and coding skills.
- Experience with software engineering standard methodologies.
- Experience, intuition and self-confidence to complete complex tasks yourself and also mentor others and have input toward the growth of their skills.
- Be comfortable implementing a technical vision. As we strive to continually improve, you will be essential on this journey so having excellent knowledge of software development standard methodologies (including test-driven development and continuous integration) is required
- Engineering Management to ensure delivery of quality software on schedule.
- Product Management and Product Design to ensure alignment on meeting product visions and goals.
- IT to ensure successful operation of our software solutions.
- External partners to assist integration of our software solutions.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at [email protected]
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.