Squad Lead - Commercial Manager (10month FTC)
(Fixed Term Contract)
The purpose of the Role
As a Squad Lead, you will have ownership of and accountability for one of CarTrawler’s five P&L lines (known internally as “Squads”) In this role, the Squad Lead is accountable for delivering against challenging performance targets for the Squad, by applying the domain expertise within the Squad and available trading levers (e.g., pricing, CRM, digital marketing, merchandising, sort order). The Squad Lead will also be accountable for setting the commercial objectives around partner renewals and leading and prioritizing the workload of individuals within the Trading Squad, ensuring the team is working optimally together to deliver the trading segments’ long-term objectives.
· You have shown ability in a similar/relevant role, with experience leading a P&L. Ideally with a minimum 3 years proven track record.
· You have a history of leading cross-functional teams to drive projects successfully to completion.
· You possess strong critical thinking ability, the ability to make effective decisions in ambiguity, to assess the implications of these decisions, and are conscientious of and plan for unintended consequences.
· You have a passion for commercials, an ability to understand financial and commercial indicators, and a history of using data insights to drive actions and P&L performance improvements.
· You have a high degree of integrity, and the ability to bring people from different teams together and drive them behind common goals. Ability to deal with conflicting priorities, and to mentor others.
· You thrive in a role that has prioritization at the heart: the ability to efficiently lead and preference conflicting priorities, balancing CT, partner, and individual priorities to deliver optimal long-term Squad outcomes.
· You enjoy presenting succinctly and impactful to different collaborator groups. You focus on ensuring that collaborating groups are proactively and regularly communicated to.
· You have relationship development and negotiation skills, capable of influencing others.
· You have a history of building relationships with a network of people who may be able to assist in a business context.
· Align Trading Squad on what problems to address, ensuring P&L performance is optimized through coordination of trading levers (e.g., pricing, CRM, digital marketing, merchandising, sort order).
· Set the commercial objectives around partner renewals and coordinate Squad resources to deliver on these objectives.
· Lead and prioritize the workload of individuals within the Trading Squad to achieve trading and partner outcomes.
· Ensure activities are carried out in an effective and efficient way.
· Coordinate data analysis and hypothesis testing to uncover and realize/address trading opportunities/issues.
· Keep key collaborators updated on Squad activities and segment trading performance, including key wins, issues, risks, and opportunities.
· As this is a key cross-functional role, commercial leads should role model our values, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
If you require support or specific accommodations due to a disability, please contact us via email at [email protected]. Rest assured that any information you provide will be treated confidentially and solely used to facilitate appropriate accommodations during the interview process. Your comfort and accessibility are our priorities.
Don't let imposter syndrome hold you back!
At CarTrawler, we go beyond providing job opportunities. We offer a platform to thrive, a culture of inclusivity, and a purpose-driven community. Join our team and embark on a transformative journey towards self-belief, confidence, and professional success.
At CarTrawler, we believe in offering a comprehensive range of benefits that cater to your well-being, professional growth, and work-life balance.
Hybrid Working: Embrace the flexibility of our hybrid working model, blending the best of office and remote work. Take charge of your workspace and productivity, wherever you feel most comfortable.
Financial Wellbeing: From day one, all permanent employees, regardless of their role, are entitled to share options through our unique equity scheme. We also reward your efforts with an annual performance-related bonus. Secure your future with a pension, income protection, and life assurance.
Health Support: Your well-being is a top priority. Benefit from premium VHI health insurance, a team of Mental Health First Aiders, and access to our Employee Assistance Programme. Experience "Friday Unplugged," a half-day mental health break on the last Friday of each month.
Generous Leave: Enjoy 25 days of annual leave and 2 company days, understanding that life sometimes takes precedence. We support eligible team members with paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parental, and marriage leave.
Professional Development: Empower your growth with our dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework, "Thrive." We nurture your personal and professional development throughout your CarTrawler journey.
Environmental, Social, and Governance: As a CarTrawler team member, you become an ambassador of our culture and our commitment to social and environmental responsibility.
Purpose-led Culture: Join a values-driven company where relationships make a difference. We foster a culture of continuous learning, encouraging our people to invest in themselves to thrive.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion: We embrace diversity and believe in creating an inclusive workplace where mutual respect and dignity thrive. Our zero-tolerance approach to discrimination ensures equal opportunities for all.
Success Enablers: CarTrawler is dedicated to ensuring a supportive environment for neurodivergent individuals and/or people with disabilities. If you require any accommodations during the job application or interview process, please contact our team directly at [email protected]. We are committed to your success.
CarTrawler is the leading global B2B provider of car rental and mobility solutions to the travel industry. We are the partner of choice for the world’s leading travel brands, enabling them to offer car rental, airport transfer and ride-hailing services to their customers.
CarTrawler’s purpose is to drive successful partnerships, by creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities for travel and airline partners.
Founded in 2004 in Dublin, Ireland, CarTrawler’s proprietary technology platform connects customers to more car rental options than anyone else in the world. Their team of in-house experts designs, builds and powers tailored software solutions which are easily integrated into partner’s websites and intuitive to use. Developed over 18 years, CarTrawler’s innovative, bespoke and data-led solutions have proven conversion rates and measurable returns.
CarTrawler’s global network connects more than 50,000 car rental locations worldwide, working with the biggest industry players including [United Airlines, American Express Travel, easyJet, Uber, Hotels.com and Emirates].
Find out more at cartrawler.com.